A textile tour with workshops, talks, visits and stories all about textile and fibre art & crafts on the Isle of Skye.
This nine-day creative experience combines a series of workshops with local makers, talks and tours of textile studios, with exploring the island and learning about its history and heritage. Plus a luxury boat trip to the nearby Isle of Raasay. This is a wonderful treat for lovers of textile and fibre art! Immerse yourself in the pleasures of textile art and crafts whilst exploring Skye in the company of like-minded spirits.
This residential experience includes:
- Full-day weaving workshop using hand-dyed wool/silk yarn at Skye Silks
- Half-day yarn dyeing workshop using local plants at Shilasdair Yarns
- Full day at Island at the Edge croft including introductory workshop to spinning and wool processing; full croft tour (meet the sheep!)
- Full day workshop at The Handspinner Having Fun – choose between felting, peg loom weaving or knitting
- Dorset Button making workshop with TJ Frog
- Luxury day tour by boat to the Isle of Raasay, with opportunity to visit Raasay Distillery and Raasay Gallery
- Storytelling session with local storyteller Seoras MacPherson
- Visits to Skye Skyns, Skye Weavers, West Coast Weavers
- Day of touring including visit to Dunvegan Castle
Dates: 1 to 9 October 2021 (2022 dates tbc)